Your 6-Step Guide To Buying A New Home in the Tri-Cities
March 15, 2022
If you're exploring the option of buying a new construction home in the Tri-Cities, chances are you’ve got some questions about how it all works. While the process does require a few more steps than buying a used home, it’s all worth it. Not only do you get to select a floorplan and homesite that exactly fit your needs, you get to choose the finishes and features that you’ve always dreamed of.
Here’s how the new home buying process typically works:
1.) GETTING STARTED.
- Choose a Floor Plan. Our sales staff will guide you in finding a home that will fit your lifestyle.
- Find the Perfect Homesite. Our quality neighborhoods offer a variety of excellent locations.
- Write Purchase & Sales Agreement. Once you have selected a home plan and a lot, our sales staff will help you to get the process moving.
2.) FINANCING & FINAL CHOICES
- Apply & Receive Loan Approval. Once your financing is in order, you can start the process of personalizing your home.
- Pre-Construction Meeting. The Construction Leader will meet with you to finalize the decisions that need to be made for construction to start.
- Apply for Permits. Our team will apply for the proper building permits and draw the customized plans for your home.
- Foundation. The excavation and foundation phases are now ready to begin.
4.) CONSTRUCTION BEGINS
- Interior Finishes and Quality Check. Our Supervisors and Detail Specialists check every area of your home and inspect the quality to meet our rigorous standards.
5.) CLOSING TIME!
- Homeowner Orientation / Final Presentation. A construction team member will familiarize you with your new home and explain all important safety features at this time, making sure you are pleased with every detail.
- Closing / Final Detailing / Move-in. Our Detailers strive to complete all the fine points. Following recording and completion, you are now ready to move into your new home!
- The Warranty Period. Our homes include a 2-10 extended limited warranty. You will receive a warranty package with details at your orientation.
There's a lot that goes into buying a new home, but working with a great builder makes the process smooth, exciting, and enjoyable!
For more information on building in the Tri-Cities, please contact us. The entire team at New Tradition Homes can’t wait to work with you!